We want to share information and provide an open book of our goals and desired outcomes. The more we share, the more we learn.
Action and results come from a commitment to real collaboration. Reaching producer-led goals involves the constant exchange of knowledge, ideas and talent. Together, we’re led by the thinking that there is always a better way. Find resources here to help shape your work.
Funding for Researchers
Agricultural research is in the midst of an exciting and rewarding time. We connect researchers with opportunities as they work to solve real-world industry needs.
Expanding Alberta’s frontiers of agriculture research by developing solutions that benefit farmers, ranchers and consumers alike depends on understanding the problems and needs in the field. Connecting researchers to funding opportunities opens the door for collaboration and impact. Knowledge unites us—bringing producers and researchers closer to that common goal of working together to positively impact Alberta’s agriculture.
Resources for Researchers
We’ve got all the info you need to access funding for your research project, including our program guidelines and a helpful proposal template.
Enhanced productivity, profitability and competitiveness.
- Improved animal and crop health
- Production efficiency
- Feed utilization
- Enhanced pest and disease management
- Genetic improvements
Sustainable and responsible agricultural production.
- Water efficiency and quality
- Soil health (soil quality)
- Input/output utilization
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Climate variability and adaptability
- Mitigation of antimicrobial resistance
- Animal Welfare
Market demands: food safety, quality, value-added products and diversification.
- Improved food safety, quality and nutrition
- New value added products
- Alternative agriculture products
- Interaction of animal, human and environment (One-health)
- Pathogen control and reduction
Extension and knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge translation and transfer to Alberta’s producers
- Demonstration and analysis of feasibility
- Adoption of best management practices